Please remember to vote. Ballots for the Seattle School Levy renewals (Prop 1 & 2) must be postmarked by February 12, 2013.
Volunteer at the Schools First phone bank. Let's make it a Queen Anne Elementary night and show our support for Seattle Public Schools. There will be pizza. Kids are welcome.
WHEN: This Thursday evening, February 7th 5pm-8:30pm
(You don't need to stay the full 3.5 hours. 2 hours would be great!)
WHERE: Schools First Campaign HQ
McKinstry Innovation Center - 210 S. Hudson Street, Seattle, 98134
HQ is just SW of the 4th Avenue S. Costco. From Costco, going south on 4th, go over the hill and take the first right at the light on Dawson Street. Take another right at the next street on 3rd Ave S. Drive 1.5 blocks, passing Hudson on your left to park in the garage half-way down the block or on the street. Enter the 3rd Ave. S. street door. Take elevator to 3rd Floor.
If you cannot go Thursday night, other hours are available: Monday - Thursday, 5PM to 8:30PM and Saturday: 12PM – 4PM. Schools First is a nonprofit, citizen-based organization that advocates for public school funding. They are endorsed by the Seattle Times, Seattle Council PTSAs, and Queen Anne Elementary PTSA.
The Operations Levy and Capital (BEX) Levy are essential funding for Seattle Public Schools. The Operations Levy provides more than 1/4 of the operating budget for Seattle Public Schools. Construction and modernization expenses comes almost entirely from the BEX Levies.
The Operations Levy will provide funding for:
- Basic day-to-day school operations
- Teachers, instructional assistants
- Bilingual and special education services
- Music, athletic and arts activities
- Textbooks and classroom supplies
The Capital Levy (BEX IV) will provide for safe and healthy school buildings and learning environments including funding to:
- Maintain and improve our aging existing schools
- Provide earthquake safety upgrades at 37 schools
- Build and renovate schools to help meet rapidly growing enrollment
- Science labs and technology upgrades, including wireless in every school
- New roofs and updated safety and mechanical systems
Queen Anne Elementary will directly benefit if the levies pass, with $15.6M slated to build a new gymnasium and additional classrooms scheduled for completion in 2019.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
THANK YOU! QAE PTSA