Immediate Volunteer Needs
CRITICAL: Crossing Guards/Safety Patrol Monitors - Please email Karen if you can help.
- Crossing Guards are needed at 4th Ave. N. & Boston St.
- Volunteer times are 9:00am – 9:30am and 3:25pm – 3:50pm, Monday - Friday.
- Brief safety-training course provided.
- Volunteers must also complete a no-cost background check.
Crossing guards help promote safe pedestrian behavior at crosswalks, help alert drivers to the presence
of pedestrians, and can help parents feel more comfortable allowing their student to walk or bike or school.
Contact: Email Karen Gigliotti, or phone our school office at (206) 252-2480 to leave your contact information.
Volunteers Still Needed:
- Running Club - Volunteer to help with Running Club: Sign-up here!
Recess Lap monitor - create an audio record of each runner’s first/last name, grade, # of laps.
Mid-morning, lunch-time and afternoon recesses, daily.
- Lunchroom Assistants - Volunteer to help in the lunch room: Sign-up here!
Help our youngest students negotiate lunchroom activities (opening containers, lunch/milk line,
clean-up, etc) in their short lunch period, 12:20 - 1:00.
- Parent Education Committee - Email Heather and Karen if interested.
Assist in identifying/obtaining parent education presentations.
- Communications - Email Heather and Karen if interested.
Assist Communication Co-Chairs & Community Development Chair to build our school-community
relationships and support neighborhood communications (e.g. distribute "QAE Neighbor News").
- Garden Committee Co-Chairs - Email Kristin or Amy if interested.
Review an outline of garden opportunities here.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, please email Parent Volunteer Chairs, Heather Anderson and Karen Gigliotti!